Friday Fun! Read an Excerpt from 'Fighting Love' see if it tickles your fancy;)

Friday 28 September 2012

Excerpt from Fighting Love


‘Enchanted,’ he says lifting my hand to his lips and kissing it. What is going on? Does he think this is the set of Mad Men and I’m interviewing for a secretarial post? I dart a glance at Sam and Luke and see them grinning.
‘We haven’t gone through the wardrobe into a land of enchantment,’ I snap, pulling my hand from his.
‘You’re wasting your time if you think your charms will work on our Harry,’ Sam chortles.
‘Yeah Harry will eat you for breakfast,’ Luke adds for good measure.
‘Is that right.’ The actor cocks his head to one side and gives me a speculative look. Now that I have his attention I wish I didn’t, his eyes keep twinkling at me. ‘Maybe I might like that?’
Luke and Sam laugh but I don’t see anything remotely amusing in his smarmy presumptions.
‘You don't look much like a stunt-woman?’
‘You don’t look much like an actor?’ I smart back.

No comments

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2015 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative