FREE - FRIDAYS SNIPPET & Englishisms in French POP forth

Friday 24 May 2013

An article after Poppy's heart!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22636888

If you like the sound of that, download some weekend reading material via the tin-ter-netty thingy!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/chick-novel-about-friendship-ebook/dp/B00BWU16V4/ref=pd_sim_kinc_3


‘Poppy, this is François Deville.’
He kisses me on the cheeks the Continental way, one on each.
He is fiftyish, very suave, very charming and very French.
I love the French accent. I could listen to an accent like that all day. French is by far the most poetic, gliding and rolling off the tongue whilst tickling your top teeth in the process. I liked it as a subject at school and I had a French au pair one summer when my mother decided to live in the garden, one of her art experiments.
Now, I’ve already confessed that my school French is uh … rusty, as rusty as my libido got with Piers. If I had been wearing a chastity belt the hinges would have fused together by now. Yeah, that bad! 




No comments

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2015 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative