Sneak Preview from livre 3

Friday 23 November 2012

Joyeuses vendredi! (thank goodness for google translation!)

Now I've already confessed that my school French is uh... rusty, as rusty as my libido got with Piers. I fear if I'd had a chastity belt on the hinges would have fused together - yeah that bad! What I failed to mention is that after a couple of glasses of Sauvignon Blanc (in tonight's case 3 glasses of the most exquisite Champagne) I seem to excel in the French language. I portray the epitome of bilingualism. Slurred with a dash (OK a dollop) of over enthusiastic pronunciations and gestures. They should try this at the EU summits, maybe they'd get something decided or at least a worthy article to read in the newspapers the next day.
'Vous aplatisses-moi Francois!' Great, I do remember! It's like riding that rusty bike back to linguist town!

No comments

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2015 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative