5* REVIEW for My DisOrganised Life - Thanks Honolulu xxx

Monday 1 February 2016

on 1 February 2016

Favorite Quotes:
“She said the Tequila would help me relax into a more laid-back Mexican version of myself. 
It didn't. What it actually did was make me a crazy and felonious Mexican version of myself.”

“He smiles, showing a perfect row of white teeth. I don't think I've ever met an American who hasn't got lovely teeth, but so do sharks.
 Well, they have a lot of teeth anyway.”

“I just want to get this over with as quickly as possible, then for someone to put me in a sanatorium with a selection of crayons and tranquillisers,
 and leave me alone for the rest of my life.”

“I have to encompass my true sexual being, take control, and unleash the beast, so to speak. Crikey, what if I don't have one?
 Not everyone is overtly sexual, are they? What if my beast is more of a domesticated budgie grateful for a few seeds and a new piece of sandpaper?
 The Nunnery is looking the more attractive option right now. I don't think I can do the practical therapy.”

“Her gentle forcefulness is covertly Jedi. I would feel like a naughty child if I didn't produce my homework.”

“He makes my skin crawl to the point of fungal infection.”

“I can't understand anything this girl is jabbering about, it's a high-pitched talk-a-thon gone wrong. 
Quick talking is an understatement, it's as though Disney have made a princess machine gun.”

“What is that woman doing? She looks like a daddy longlegs being electrocuted!”

My Review:
This book was wicked funny. I frequently snorted, chortled, snickered, and barked aloud at the ridiculous situations our girl found herself in. 
How well I know the correlation of Tequila = eventual humiliation. I felt an instant kinship with the main character of Eve as we have so many
 things in common, for example, we both tend to be a constant source of embarrassment despite our best efforts, 
we both suffered the ridiculousness of religious zealots for parents, we both are list makers – which we use as more of a guide... 
and we both have a humorous and often snarky running commentary in our addled brains that tends to find it's out of our mouths.
 In other words – she is an intelligent and fun loving goddess. The writing style was rapid paced yet relatively easy to follow, 
despite some of the unfamiliar British pop-cultural references – thank goodness for Wikipedia on my kindle. 
I was entertained by this delightful and fun story throughout, and enjoyed Eve's insights and evolution as the story progressed.

No comments

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2015 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative