FREE FRIDAYS SNIPPET- "WHEN LIFE GOES POP!"

Friday 5 April 2013


Haven't done this for a whyle!


WHEN LIFE GOES POP
She fills my glass to the brim and I quickly dive in before it spills over the edge. I slurp at it like a frog eating custard, ever the dignitary! 
Paige tucks the champagne bottle under her arm and we clink glasses. ‘Bottoms up.’ 

We grin and guzzle, propping ourselves against the wall, and watch the party unfold even further. Believe me, it’s an unfolding party if ever I’ve seen one, such a welcome change to suppers with saddos.
Just then Jane Allen walks into the living room.
She’s tall, elegant, with long curly hair. She’s wearing a fantastic dress, a bright red number. I immediately want to copy her graceful style. She is flagged on both sides by two men who couldn’t be more different: one is very tall and broad-shouldered with long legs and arms, the other is short but well-built, shaved head, like a pug-faced East-End super boxer that no one wants to get into a fight with. 

No comments

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2015 | Designed by: Broken Road Creative